Petron claims responsibility, apologizes for oil spill
MetadataShow full item record
Petron Corp. is taking responsibility for the massive oil spill in Rosario, Cavite last week. In a statement, Petron president Lubin Nepomuceno yesterday said the company also apologized for the damage caused by the oil leak. "At this stage, we take responsibility for this unfortunate incident. We sincerely apologize and assure all the communities affected that we will strive to resolve the situation at the soonest possible time," he said. Nepomuceno said they would continue efforts to conduct cleanup operations in affected areas to restore the livelihood of the communities.
Gatdula, D., Macairan, E., Villanueva, R., & Zoleta, M. (2013, August 13). Petron claims responsibility, apologizes for oil spill. The Philippine Star, pp. 1, 8.
Associated contentOnline version
Oil spills; Oil removal; Livelihoods; Aerial surveys; Petron Corp.; Philippine Coast Guard (PCG); Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR); Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR); Special Operation Group (SOG); Pambansang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamamalakaya ng Pilipinas (Pamalakaya); Balilo, Armand; France, Salvador; Bautista, Clemente; Nepomuceno, Lubin; France, Salvador
- The Philippine Star